Menu
Rolleduk
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Download speeds

Having a bit of problem with download speeds. Got a hub 3.0 and the download speeds in the living room are shockingly bad, worse than when i had sky broadband(non fibre). I downloaded the VM connection app and it says the signal is great in the living room but download speed still a suck. What options are available to me? I can’t afford to throw money at wifi boosters etc. The fella who installed my equipment wasn’t the best tbh, We’re also not receiving incoming calls on the phone if that has anything do do with it.

Wondering what action i can take in terms of getting this fixed?

any help would be appreciated 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Download speeds

Do you get the advertised/correct speeds over a wired Ethernet connection?

No broadband provider will guarantee speeds over WiFi.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Rolleduk
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It’s got to the point where devices are disconnecting due to weak signal, the living room is like 3 metres away from modem. Im scunnered with the service this company has provided thus far. A cowboy installation “technician” and now product is not working a couple of weeks into my contract. Was with sky 10 years without any problems like this. Rant over, il contact customer service tomorrow and hope i can get someone who understands what im sayin

0 Kudos
lotharmat
Well-informed
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

A lot of people use the hub in modem mode and use their own router!.

The routing capabilities of the hubs are 'limited' to be honest!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rolleduk, 

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your services looked into, I am sorry if this has caused some frustration for you. 

I've had a look at your services but I can see you already spoke to an agent about this recently. Can I ask what was discussed on this call please?

I'll still see if I can help after I know how to move forward with this 🙂

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos