Menu
Highlighted
Settling in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Download speed

Hi,

I've got the hub 3.0 M350 Fibre Broadband. My minimum guaranteed download speed should be 181 Mbps. Although the advertised is 362 Mbps. So i'm well off that. As you can see from the photos attached I have done a few tests and well. My download speed is awful. Upload is fine but download is a joke. I was wondering if anyone could help me? I've done the tests over wifi. Which i see isn't as reliable as Ethernet. But I still reckon I'd be below even with an Ethernet. Please assist?Untitled.pngVM.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Settling in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Download speed

Untitled.pngVM.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Settling in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

For some reason the photos aren't loading.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Your guaranteed minimum speed applies to wired connections as wireless is affected by so many factors outside VM's control.

To get an accurate speed you need to test wired directly to the Hub with a gigabit enabled PC using CAT 5E or better ethernet cable.

Posting the Hub's stats may show if there is an obvious VM circuit problem.

EDIT

Pics need to be approved by a staff member or a SU.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Settling in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I've done a diagnostic test and it did say my home network as a few problems. So probably best to get somebody to come out and take a look.

Thanks for your help, Griffin.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Its probably best if you do a speed test on a ethernet cable connected device to see if you are receiving the correct speeds - before assuming you aren't because your wifi may have issues.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi NigelW59,

Thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to hear you're not getting the speeds you'd expect from your broadband.

Are you able to post a wired speed test as per jbrennand''s advice so we can take a look at that?

How have things been since your post?

Thanks

Melissa  

0 Kudos