cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Down. Again apparently no issues in area.

Sneaker52
Joining in

My broadband has been down for 3 hours yet again. I can’t seem to get any help. It’s down so often I think maybe it’s a faulty router yet I can’t get anyone to send a new one. Help please!!

7 REPLIES 7

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What id being reported on the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to street cab/ postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks I’ll give it a call 

I got through to someone on phone on Sunday. They said there were no issues but they couldn’t run tests or contact the router so I’d need an engineer especially as it’s happened at least a dozen times. Appointment made for Wednesday. Just had a text cancelling as service is now working. It keeps happening. I need an engineer. The router or cabling is faulty. I even heard the engineer when they put the wall box in saying on my camera that it wasn’t right and another saying to just leave it as it’ll be ok!!  CN someone from Virgin override this engineer cancellation. If not I think I’m just going to cancel my direct debit as I’m paying for a service that doesn’t work 

Client62
Legend

Did you call 0800 561 0061 to check for an issue in your street ?
This could well be a fault affecting all homes local to you.
VM will cancel an engineer visit if the faults turn out to be in their street cabinets.

Yes. I was told there was no issue and they couldn’t run a check on my router as they couldn’t contact it. I said this happened so often that if it did work again please do not cancel engineer like they had previously. 
he told me they wouldn’t.  Yet again they have. 

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The other possibility is an overheating cabinet amp. This will trigger an automated fault report which then corrects itself when the ambient temperature goes down outside. Either that or your wiring is also going out of spec when it heats up during the day.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Sneaker52

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community.

I am sorry to hear about the service issues you are having.

I will send you a private message so we can look into this further for you.

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop back to me when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide