cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Virgin have the worst customer service in the History of the World? How to I make a formal complaint

Reluctantly
Tuning in

Every time I get ready to call virgin media the muscles in my back get tight with stress and I feel a panic attack is not far away. This seems like a system designed only to torment you. 

I am leaving the country in one month and I simply want to register my leaving date with virgin and cancel my broadband. This should be a simple enough process, 5 minutes? Ten minutes at most?

I called virgin customer services at 6pm this evening and got into a queue with music playing, after 20 minutes the line went dead. I repeated this three times, so that's an hour of waiting listening to music plus the time it takes to go through the menu/enter your details. The fourth time I tried a different route through the process (I selected the option of wanting to "discuss leaving" instead of "wanting to leave") - this time after 20 minutes I got through to someone who told me that they could not do it for me but that they would transfer me to their disconnection department that could help me. After another 20 minute wait listening to music another person answered, she said she would have to get someone to do it and that it wouldn't be long - I was put on hold for another ten minutes then she came back to tell me she was still there and that it wouldn't be long - after another ten minutes the music stopped and the line went completely quiet although I was still connected - I stayed on the line hoping that someone would eventually take my call, after five minutes or so of silence I heard some keyboard typing on the other end of the line just before the line went completely dead. I tried to call again but was met with an automated response saying that the lines were now closed for the evening. 

My first call was made at 6pm and it's now 9:18 pm and I am no better than I was when I started more than three hours ago. 

Can anyone tell me where to direct a formal complaint?

I also wondered if anyone knew what the implications would be of just cancelling my direct debit immediately? I have after all committed over three hours this evening trying to inform virgin of my leaving date. Am I to assume from their response to my calls this evening that they do not need to know????

104 REPLIES 104

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@Bf109 wrote:

Then don't comment on a situation that involves virgin media and a virgin media customer on a virgin media forum, in other words please mind your own business and leave this topic to virgin media staff and myself, I don't need or expect outside interference from people who have no association with virgin media thank you.

with respect you are posting on a public forum hosted by VM but not the first and only line of contact back to them - the forum is peer to peer as stated by VM with a presence of VM staff to come into threads where that peer to peer help cannot solve the problem

if you want 1 to 1 contact with VM then the telephone is your line of choice - before telling users what to do or how to work you need to understand how this place is set up and works - if you dont need or expect outside interference from people who have no association with virgin media [as you state] you should not be posting here

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to add 'Virgin Media COMMUNITY' forum not 'Virgin Media DIRECT CONTACT' forum.

As I stated I expect help from virgin media, not people who have no connection with them, as for phoning them......what do you think I've been doing!!!.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bf109 wrote:

As I stated I expect help from virgin media, not people who have no connection with them, as for phoning them......what do you think I've been doing!!!.

That's not the purpose of this community forum, as already stated above.

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@Bf109 wrote:

As I stated I expect help from virgin media, not people who have no connection with them,

then you are in the wrong place - given time VM will get to the thread if they feel a solution has not been offered by those who they are happy with and encourage to initially help

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Anonymous
Not applicable

On a community forum for customer to Customer support

Hmm sounds like a whole bunch of people get free virgin media services......

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bf109 wrote:

Hmm sounds like a whole bunch of people get free virgin media services......

I wish!

Goodbye free service trolls.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bf109 wrote:

Goodbye free service trolls.

I would be happy to get free services having to read through threads like this...