cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Hub5 support bonding / round robin like the Hub 4 does ?

cyberkev
On our wavelength

I've just 'upgraded' from m350 to gig1 and changed from a hub 4 to a hub 5.

As I run several vlans for servers/cctv etc etc and use more than 256 IP addresses I use the hub in modem mode with an external router.

Currently the hub 5 doesnt seem to be playing ball in  a 3 port bond (ignoring the 2.5gb port as I don't have 2.5gb hardware).

I've tried a Juniper SRX240H2 firewall with a 3 port balance rr bond (which worked on the hub4) and a switch acting as as egde firewall effectively converting 3X1gb into 10GB SFP+ fibre.

The alternative is a pf sense firewall (repurosed Barracuda 340a) which works well with hardware aes etc but only one port effectively limited to ~900mbs over a single gbe port when the connection is capable of 1152mb/s.

Before lashing out of new hardware to utilise the 2.5gb port like a 2.5gb to 10GB SFP+ convertor or firewall with more ports like the srx240, has anyone succeded in bonding several ethernet ports to fully use gig1's bandwidth with the 1gb ports ?

4 REPLIES 4

Client62
Legend

Hub 5 does not support link aggregation
Hub 4 with current software, link aggregation is very broken

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

New hardware it is for you! if you really want that extra speed 

---------------------------------------------------------------

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @cyberkev thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

I cannot add anything to what your fantastic fellow community members have advised you.  I hope you find the best resolution for you. Remember, if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand. Please bear in mind, you can manage your account from here. Your online account, will give you access to your bills, show your package details, diagnose any possible faults and monitor any orders and appointments you may have. 
Regards
Lee_R

cyberkev
On our wavelength

The solution was to use a 2.5GB usbc adaptor into a repurpoused Checkpoint firewall running pf sense and then out of there on 4x1gb lacp 802.11ac bonded ethernets into the two core Juniper EX4300 switches !