Menu
Cardiffman281
Dialled in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Does Hub4 support VOIP?

Vaguely thinking of upgrading to 1gb but currently connect my phone via a VOIP adapter (Sipgate account) to my Hub3 via ethernet.  Would the Hub4 support this setup too please? 

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Does Hub4 support VOIP?

Yes, it should be fine.

Any particular reason your thinking of upgrading?

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

If it aint broke - dont try and fix it 🙂

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Cardiffman281
Dialled in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Matt.  Regarding the proposed upgrade I am hoping that the upgraded speed and the doubling in the volume of WiFi antennae on the router might make for a happier home working environment for my family of six but have unfortunately seen some reviews suggesting that Hub4 connection stability is even worse than with Hub3 and that WiFi throughput remains feeble. In a dilemma really. 

0 Kudos
Cardiffman281
Dialled in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yup that's certainly an issue when I read the posts from folks who have gone with Hub4, regretted it badly due to manic connection instability, and try to go back to Hub3 before realising that it's too late. 

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Yeah its unlikely to improve anything, the Hub 4 is still in its baby stages so its got a lot of teething problems, also not much of a performance boost where working from home is considered, as likely issues are beyond the hub.

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos
jpeg1
Community elder
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If you really want 1gig (why?) you will have to take the Hub4, and it will do VOIP.

But the WiFi is no better than the Hub3. 

0 Kudos