Menu
ArcherH
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Docsis 3.1

Hi,

I am going to be joining VM next week on their ultimate Oomph bundle with M500 broadband. 

currently my set up is, full fibre to premise connection 200mbps down and 200mpbs up.

Yes it is that quick. 

My question is, are VM going to install 3.0 cables and then go to install 3.1 cables at a later date as all my cables will be under the floor and in the walls? 

cheers

0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Docsis 3.1

@ArcherH wrote:

Hi,

I am going to be joining VM next week on their ultimate Oomph bundle with M500 broadband. 

currently my set up is, full fibre to premise connection 200mbps down and 200mpbs up.

Yes it is that quick. 

My question is, are VM going to install 3.0 cables and then go to install 3.1 cables at a later date as all my cables will be under the floor and in the walls? 

cheers

No doubt you have your reasons, but trading a 200/200 FTTP for VM seems crazy to me.. 🙂

anywho - as far as i know the cabling has nothing to do with it - the cables installed at your house should not need replacing when VM upgrade their infrastructure to 3.1 in your area   

0 Kudos
ArcherH
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. Currently my services are split across Vodafone (Broadband) and Sky (TV). Looking to just have one bill for everything really. 

The FTTP connection is great when it works, can go up to 900 both ways but talking to Vodafone the decent upload speed is going to fizzle out once more people take up the service. 

0 Kudos
jem101
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The upload speed on that VM package will be 35-37 Mb/s at best.

0 Kudos
ArcherH
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. Yes I have seen it is pretty slow compared to what they are pushing in terms on download speed. 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

They will install a single coax cable for the broadband feed and another one for any TV boxes.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
ArcherH
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

That's what I am hoping for. x1 cable in the property that splits off into three separate lines. 1 for broadband and 1 for each of the boxes. 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Depends on the setup really. What boxes are getting?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos