Menu
tico1874
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Do you need Virgin broadband for Virgin TV, or can I use BT etc.?

We've moved house and the Virgin broadband is absolutely abysmal. The useless call centre people are hopeless and the problem isn't changing  I'm thinking of switching to BT broadband, but wondering if this will impact my TiVo box.

Thoughts welcome. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Do you need Virgin broadband for Virgin TV, or can I use BT etc.?

• Hi you must have virgin broadband to support V6 and 360 TV boxes it won't affect the older tivo box as it has its own built in Internet.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
tico1874
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ah, thanks Mick. Sounds like I'm stuck then... 😞

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Describe why you think the BB is poor. Disconnects? Poor speed? TV issues? On wifi AND ethernet connections? etc

Perhaps we can help you get it fixed - after all its perfectly good for >99% of customers.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @tico1874

Thank you so much for your post and I am so sorry to see you are feeling disappointed in your internet services. 

Can I ask what issues you are facing exactly with your connection? Is it dropping out or is it slow? Also are you noticing issues on both WiFi and wired connections? 

Thank you.

Ash_C
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos