Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Do Virgin send out engineers?

Does anybody know how I can get an engineer out to look at my broadband which has been on the blink for over six months? I have paid to upgrade the speed twice (now at 500) , tried a booster and a new hub....all to no avail. I have been on hold for over forty minutes (do they make a lot of money from 0345 calls?) and wondering whether there is a short cut to getting some customer service? If I need to wait for a certain time, I am prepared to do so as long as I know that there will eventually be an answer (perhaps Virgin could let customers know what number in the queue they are). 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Do Virgin send out engineers?

What is the issue exactly?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Calling at 08.00 usually gets you through with the least wait times.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

My broadband keeps dropping out (including during one of my son’s accountancy exams). I finally got through to Virgin last week after waiting for over an hour but still couldn’t get them to send an engineer. I was instead forwarded to the “second stage” department who turned it off and turned it back on remotely. Despite the member of staff promising that he had found a fault and rectified it, the service continues to drop out. I am not sure that I want to wait on the phone for another hour and so will have to look elsewhere. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Drops on a wired or wireless connection? 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos