Menu
2painful
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Disrupted (NO) Broadband & TV on wrong date

Virgin Media wrote a lovely customer centric letter addressed to "The Householder" !!

Telling us due to important maintenance our broadband, phone & TV services will be disrupted on 26th April 2021 - with that knowledge my wife,who requires broadband to work books 26th April as holiday, however today the 22nd April all TV & broadband are not working ???

online shows engineer working on issue & will be fixed by 2pm - I ring Virgin Media to enquire if this is the maintenance that was due to happen 26th April OR are we going to lose service again on the 26th ??? Explaining my wife is now unable to work.

I do not get an answer to that question - just keep being told the good news is it will be fixed by 2pm today !!!!! That doesn't help my wife with her work.

So could someone please :-

a) let me know if we are going to lose services again on 26th April or whether the letter is wrong?

b) tell Rachel Barrass (Customer Services Director) writing to "The Householder" when you have my name and even quote my account number in the letter, is not great customer service and that if the date in her letter is wrong she has just caused confusion not better Virgin Media experience 

Disappointed by Virgin Media - yet again 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Disrupted (NO) Broadband & TV on wrong date

You're on a residential service with no SLA for fault fixes and maintenance - be grateful they sent anything at all (they usually don't, and are not obliged to either).

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi 2painful, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that you were left without internet. Usually when planned work is scheduled, we will try and notify you in advance but it sounds as though a fault then developed before we were able to carry out the work. 

As frustrating as it is to be without service, we can't offer a 100% fault free service but we do promise to fix faults as quickly as possible. 

Checking things today for you, I can see the fault has been resolved but there may well be some further work being done tomorrow so you should be aware there is the possibility that your connection will be affected. 

If you have any further issues, pop back and let us know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
2painful
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Kath

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No problem at all 2painful. 

Enjoy the rest of the weekend and this lovely weather we are having 🙂

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos