cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnection - how long before anything changes?

AntVM
On our wavelength

I have no idea which forum this fits in, hope this is the right place. 

My contract with Virgin Media ended on July 31st, as far as I'm concerned and as far as it was confirmed on the phone with them. I received a letter from them acknowledging my disconnection request a month earlier. I received some phone calls offering me a better deal but declined them. I just wanted to leave and they finally acknowledged that and confirmed again that they would go ahead with the disconnection. 

However not much appears to have changed. I've just unplugged the router as it was still showing as connected. There's nothing on my online account to indicate the contract has ended, although I haven't been billed for this month. I've received no communication other than that acknowledgement letter at the start of July and a recent series of emails asking me to fill out a 15 minute survey about why I'm leaving. I've ignored those as I've wasted enough time on them already - and they know why I'm leaving.

Is it normal for things to go dark like this? I just want to get rid of them. I want to send back their kit and I want to know the VM nightmare is finally over. And I would ideally like to avoid having to phone them to find out what's  happening as talking to their customer service department will frustrate me. 

If anyone has gone through this process and is still hanging around on this forum, details of your experience would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi AntVM,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, sorry to hear you have not heard anything in regards to your account being disconnected, so I can check this for you I will send you an invite into a private chat, once received please click on the envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

AntVM
On our wavelength

Thanks Paul. As we discussed privately, I'm uncomfortable providing the information you requested when I can't identify who you are. But I do appreciate your offer to help. 

If there's anyone out there who has had personal experience of the VM disconnection process I'd be grateful to hear about it. 

Hi AntVM,

Thanks for reaching back out, apologies we were unable to confirm anything without clearing security, while i totally apreciate your concern and the reason behind not wanting to give any details, please give us a call or you can also reach out Via WhatsApp: +44 7305 327 112 where we can then confirm everything for you.

Regards

Paul.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Paul_DN is a legitimate VM employee as evidenced by the infinity logo and Forum Team designation assigned to his name.

It is perfectly safe to send a PM via the top right envelope

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.