Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 11 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Disconnecting on one device

I've done a full reset multiple times and everything appears to be in working order. I was connected to the correct network, it just was naming it as unrecognised, but wasn't actually providing internet connection.

My partners laptop works completely fine at home, it is just mine having the issue. However, my laptop works fine when connected in work to their internet. 

My work are adamant it's a VM issue as a few other people are having a similar issue, all of whom are on VM. Which would imply its potentially something to do with some form of settings and our VPN potentially?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 12 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for confirming, it sounds like it may be due to the VPN not recognising the connection from what you've explained. 

Are you able to discuss with your works IT team on the VPN settings for accepting an internet connection?

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 13 of 17
Flag for a moderator

When using the router as normal the WiFi is recognised but just disconnects continuously. When I've tried speaking to work (I work in the NHS), they are insistent it's a VM issue and that I need to determine a settings issues with you guys. 

Oddly the issue happened months ago originally and then resolved itself until we had some outages in the area a couple of weeks ago. Almost as if something was changed/reset by VM when the outages occured. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 14 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Try this, it might help.

You may be as well refining your Wi-Fi management, it will certainly help keeping track of your Wi-Fi frequencies.

Best done with a cable connected device.

Instructions for Hub 3

Advanced Settings > Wireless Signal > click ‘Disable Channel Optimization’ > Click ‘Apply Changes’.

Advanced Settings > Wireless > Security > Add 2 to the 2.4GHz Channel name > Add 5 to the 5 GHz Channel name > Click ‘Apply Changes’

You can leave the passwords the same as they are. 

Log out of the Hub.

You will need to reconnect all you Wi-Fi devices some will want to connect to 5Ghz and some to 2.4GHz and some will connect to either.

2.4GHz is a stronger signal but slower than 5GHz so if you have problems on 5GHz change to 2.4GHz.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 15 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Have given this a go but still disconnected within about 2 minutes unfortunately!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 16 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear this didn't help JJ24,

We would advise speaking with your IT department to see if they have a work around for this.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 17 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Does your wife's laptop use the same VPN ?

In Modem Mode the Hub does not broadcast Wi-Fi.

In Modem Mode you either connect to the LAN using a Cat 5E /  6 ethernet cable or use a third party piece of kit connected to the Hub and this provides the LAN Wi-Fi.

With your laptop connected to the LAN Wi-Fi without the VPN can you watch an HD film without it dropping ?

Can you set up a Broadband Quality Monitor (BQM) at thinkbroadband.com - this will give you an insight into what is happening with the signal at the other side of the Hub, it will take a few hours to get any kind of trend showing although you should post the link straight away.

Post a link to your BQM on here.

Instructions for posting BQM Link

Under your BQM graph are two links in red.

Click the lower link (Share Live Graph) then click generate.

Copy the text in the Direct Link box, beware, there may be more text than you can see.

On here click the Link icon (2 links chain to the left of the camera icon)

In the URL box paste the link you copied and in the ‘text to display’ box write My BQM then click OK - you can post the link straight away.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos