Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Disconnecting on one device

I keep having issues with my work laptop disconnecting from the WiFi. All other devices in the house remain connected, however this laptop disconnects continuously. Sometimes every 10 seconds! It started months ago and the problem resolved for a while but since having general Virgin issues last Thursday in our area and completely losing internet and TV, the problem has started again. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Disconnecting on one device

How are you connecting your devices, Wi-Fi or ethernet cable ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Via WiFi however I have connected via ethernet and it made no difference. I use GlobalProtect as a VPN for connecting to my work network from home if that effects anything.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hello JJ24

Thanks for your post and sorry to hear about issue with connection and your Works VPN

As this is solely on your works laptop and other devices are working okay on our network

It would be best to contact your IT Department to see if they have a work around 

Sorry this reply doesn't help much. 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Test the laptop with the hub in modem mode.

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hello JJ24

Quick message to see if you have tested the laptop with the hub in modem mode yet?

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I'm currently away for the weekend but will give this a go when back. How do I go about doing this?

Unfortunately work are giving me a similar answer to VM when I rang, i.e. in that all their other users are fine so it's an issue from the other end.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thanks JJ24 

Have a good weekend and when you get back the instructions to set the hub to Modem mode are here 

Look forward to your reply

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I've tried putting putting the router into modem mode this morning but the laptop wouldn't connect to the internet at all. It was recognising that there was an unidentified network, but only said no internet.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the post Jj24.

Just to confirm, when you say an Unidentified network, are you connected to the network written on the base of the Hub?

Can we also please confirm if you've run through a pin hole reset of the Hub and checked all the cables are secure and showing no signs of damage?

Let us know, Emily.

0 Kudos