cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnecting internet everyday short periods advice hekp

johnny64
On our wavelength

Hi I have most days internet disconnecting for long time 10 months!,sometimes it's for 30secs or minutes.

I've reset router turned off mains pull out mains plugs 5 times,I've used pin hole reset router 3 times,still problem persists.

I phone VM yesterday spoke to  lovely lady to renew expired contract get better price that went ok I explained problem internet disconnecting,she said someone tech phone me yesterday 1pm,no call back!

Today phone tech for 30 mins chat with tech guy kevin Indian guy sounds like,so many excuses to not replace suspect router which runs very hot,red light on constantly.

He suggested moving router downstairs from my office where pc and CCTV is computer using 15 metre extension cable,not feasable or possible as I have CCTV cabling fixed into office and not wanting pc downstairs anyway.

My router is not near heat source or speakers or telephone,as he purported it was me suggested moving router,done that, limited by lenth white cable coming into upstairs room to router,anyway no difference still disconnects when it feel like it.

I have documented daily disconnects for  long time  he said only 1 was picked up by him,no that's not correct lies,I told him!He said could find no fault router on tests?,strange because when I did a test on my android phone using VM connect using my mobile data because I had no internet it said router hub not detected!

He would not replace router because he couldn't find fault,but to give it another week and if no change call back further action?,well it's been like this 10 months more how is 1 week going change anything?so are you going to replace router I asked?,No,so what the point phoning back.

Anyone else had problems this issue and VM bad service?

VM not fit for purpose I've just renewed contract I have 14 days I'm thinking cancelling as people I know also had similar problem to me and went to sky with no problems.

2 REPLIES 2

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @johnny64 

Welcome back to the community forums 

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your connection at this time. 
I can see that you have been speaking with my colleague on another thread. We do ask that customers do not start multiple posts on the same issue so we can keep all information within one space to be more clear for all members.

If you prefer to maintain the conversation on your own personal thread we can do this, otherwise the team will respond to you on the other thread shortly to assist further. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

johnny64
On our wavelength

Ok thanks Carley...just to update I've rearranged my office upstairs moved all electrical items small hifi unit,pc speakers, landline phone away from router,not had any disconnections yet 9pm🙄🤔