cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnected in error

LisaP107
Tuning in

Hello, I've been disconnected and when i checked the hub, it said I had a missed payment and I had to pay my balance of £0.00 to reconnect. 

My direct debit went through as normal. I called Virgin and the lady said I'd been disconnected as I hadnt paid my bill. I assured her i had and she checked and said my last payment received was £83.50 on 29th November, so I didn't understand the problem. 

Then she went a bit quiet for a while and came back and said I'd been disconnected because I'd requested it due to moving house and would have to take steps to reconnect. I haven't moved for 20 and years and have no plans to do so but she  insisted that I do!

Apparently I've to call back tomorrow between 8 and 8 but I'm at work and won't get a chance until at least 7.30 pm. Meanwhile my autistic son will be at home with no internet for a second day and might be forced to do something radical like read a book or go outside or something.

Virgin Media, could someone look into this error on my behalf tomorrow morning and reconnect the service to avoid a meltdown? And can I receive a refund for the time I've been paying for internet but not receiving the service?

Thanks in advance, 

Lisa

1 REPLY 1

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @LisaP107 

Welcome back to the community forums

Sorry to hear that your services have disconnected suddenly and for any confusion caused when you call us to discuss and resolve. It can take a few days for us to respond on the forums, so anything of an urgent nature may best be suited to call instead for a quicker resolution time. 

I can see on the systems at my side that you have since been in touch with the team and all looks to be resolved for you. Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley