cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappointed in Virgin Media Hub 3

AlphaOne
Joining in

I had a Hub 3 installed yesterday. The technician didn't have time to stay and check everything was working. It took me quite a while to get everything working but it seemed to be okay last night. This morning it is not recognising any ethernet connections. There is a green light on the router ethernet port, I have checked all the cables and reset everything.

Very disappointing start, glad I have kept my BT account open.

7 REPLIES 7

Client62
Legend

Login to the Hub3 at http://192.168.0.1/ use the 8 DIGIT password from the bottom of the Hub 3.
When logged in, the first page of the menu has status info, what does it report the internet ?

Hi, thanks for the interest. Internet and Wi-Fi are working okay and the status is good. The problem is the router doesn't recognize anything plugged into the Ethernet ports, even though it did yesterday.

Client62
Legend

Try a factory RESET of the Hub 3.

Press and hold the rear RESET button for 60 seconds and then leave the Hub 3 turned on to revert to the shipping state. This can take some time to complete.

Failing this we are looking at a fault that will need to be reported to Customer Services via 150 or 0345 454 1111 from a non-VM phone.

Is the 0345 number free from a non-VM phone?

Thanks. I tried the factory reset but that didn't help. I tried the customer support number you gave me but that was no help. Sadly I will have to cancel my contract.

Client62
Legend