Menu
Fiona9
Tuning in
Message 1 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Disabled child unable to access home schooling no services for 4th week since instalation

Has anyone else had to wait 4 weeks or more for your services to get up and running after a installation?  The engineer we had did not provide the virgin equipment they should have and cut ourvexisting connection, they did not set up our TV or  Internet correctly and fobbed us off with 2 old boxes and remotes that do not work.

I've reported now 5 times to virgin customer services on the day of the failed installation  since 2020 but not 1 person has been in touch.

My daughter is disabled and unable to access her school teams lessons and we can't access any of the TV functions to get onto BBC bitesize.

Totally shocked by how Virgin are treating vulnerable people at a time when these services are a lifeline.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Re: Disabled child unable to access home schooling no services for 4th week since instalation

Is your broadband connection working?

Learning resources are available online.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Fiona9
Tuning in
Message 3 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Re: Disabled child unable to access home schooling no services for 4th week since instalation

Unfortunately the internet is not working and noone from virgin is trying to fix it. Just keep lodging my complaints, we wish we hadn't moved from sky. Total nightmare.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 24
Flag for a moderator

@Fiona9 wrote:

Unfortunately the internet is not working and noone from virgin is trying to fix it. Just keep lodging my complaints, we wish we hadn't moved from sky. Total nightmare.

How do you know it's not being fixed?

Have you checked the service status page?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hello Fiona9

Sorry for you having to post on here regarding your loss of service

I have checked from here and we do have an Issue in the area

This started on the 14th January and is due to be fixed on the 23rd January 

You have mentioned that you have had no service for longer though

I am happy to help get this resolved once the area has been fixed 

The Fault reference for this is F008728551  

I am not back in the office until Sunday the 24th, So I can chase it up then 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Fiona9
Tuning in
Message 6 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Gareth for your repky, however there has been no service since the 30th Dec 2020 which was when I reported it to the virgin call centre representative who also recorded there was a disabled child living at the property. We cannot use any of the TV functions, can't use the internet and were not provided with the v360 boxes we ordered. The installer provided us with old virgin boxes which the virgin call centre lady said on the 30th Dec should never have happened and said was totally unacceptable she said she was sending the correct v360 boxes, they have however never been sent or delivered and no other installation date has been arranged. We are stuck in a terrible position where my child is missing out on valuable online learning and do not think it is acceptable to leave new customers in this position of no service for a 4th week.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 24
Flag for a moderator

I can chase this up for you Fiona9 

Just need to wait for this outage to be fixed 

Then I can arrange for a Visit from a Senior engineer

Sadly right now its not possible until the area fault is cleared 

Gareth_L 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Installations won’t happen whilst there’s an outage.

Get a backup dsl line or a 4G router for now. 

0 Kudos
Fiona9
Tuning in
Message 9 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Your comments Gary are unhelpful.Why should I have to spend money I don't have on a 4G router and back up line when I am be being billed for a service from Virgin I am not being provided. Please leave the comments to Virgin staff as you quite obviously don't understand that not everyone has a disposable income during this pandemic and people are really struggling just to survive , providing children food and an education.

chatmandu
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 24
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@Fiona9 wrote:

Your comments Gary are unhelpful.Why should I have to spend money I don't have on a 4G router and back up line when I am be being billed for a service from Virgin I am not being provided. Please leave the comments to Virgin staff as you quite obviously don't understand that not everyone has a disposable income during this pandemic and people are really struggling just to survive , providing children food and an education.

I agree Fiona.

His replies to your posts have been rude and dismissive. 

He appears to be a resident troll/virgin fanboy who thinks he can dictate what can/can't be said. 

Is he going to pay for your 'backup dsl line or a 4G router'? Well then, he should shut his cakehole.