cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difficulty with ordering pods

TheKhan
Tuning in

I was wondering if there is anyone who has cracked the Virgin support team. 

I am trying to get pods to get rid of dropout areas in our 3storey house. The house is old so has thick walls. 

As part of the contract we are entitled to up to 3 pods.

Initial call told me there was a local issue and they would resolve, and I would have to call back. 

I have called back, 50 minsof diagnostics and the handler said yes a pod is needed.... But they can't order it until 30mins after a reset.. So I discussed how they haven't supplied a landline (part of my contract).

30mins later and they have arranged a landline.

I asked if they can now order the pods... No, have to call again and wait 20-30mins to speak to someone again.

Either the processes are very poor. It seems as if there is a specific remit to limit sending these pods out, which is breach of contract.

Anyone help? Otherwise I feel a complaint including regulators..

10 REPLIES 10

Client62
Alessandro Volta

Might be best to consider Wireless Access Points or  Powerline Wi-Fi extenders.

VM Pods aka Wi-Fi Repeater can work poorly in properties with thick walls.

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi TheKhan, 

Thanks for using the Community Forums to get WIFI Pods ordered, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration 😥 I would be more than happy to look into this for you!

Usually when you want to order WIFI Pods we ask you to download our Connect App and perform WIFI Scans in all rooms in your home. This will detect any WIFI Issues and will also offer you a prompt to order your first WIFI Pod through the app. 

WIFI Max is our scheme that you're probably part of seen as you mentioned you're entitled to three pods on your package, so please take a look at the link to understand our guarantees with this scheme 🤩 

You are entitled to three pods maximum, if they are needed. We can only send out one at a time, a week after the last one was installed - This gives the new Pod time to settle into the new home and maximise it's WIFI Mesh potential. 

Please let me know what you find out from using the Connect App's scanner and I will help further 🤗

Thanks,

Megan_L

I have been through the whole process. 

The app tells me to move to an area where there is signal, which defeats the idea. When there is no signal, it doesn't register it. 

I have recorded poor signal in many rooms. 

The issue is that I keep getting asked to call back, go through the whole diagnostic, only for them to tell me I need the pods. But then tell me that I have to call back in an hour. 

To only be cut off due to long waiting times. 

From the consumer end, it seems as if there is a directive to prevent sending these out. My brother had a similar issue. 

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi TheKhan 👋

Thanks for coming back to us with an update. I've had a look on our side, and cannot see any diagnostics or checks being performed through the Connect App. To clarify, are you starting the scan whilst in the same room as the Hub? You would need to do this, and then move between rooms to ensure the App correctly picks up any signal drops or weakness.

Our teams are required to go through standard diagnostics before ordering a Pod, as adding a Pod into your Home where it isn't needed, can cause more problems than solutions.

If you're still experiencing trouble with the Connect App, please provide us with a screenshot (block out any personal details) of the issue, and we'll do our best to assist further.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

TheKhan
Tuning in

Screenshot_20231001_185939_VM Connect.jpg

this is from the rooms I can get a pick up. Your colleague has been through a diagnostic. If you can't see it, then that's a Virgin issue.

Please don't drag this out. 

Other customers have been helped out with a lot less hassle than I have been.

I'd like this resolved ASAP.

TheKhan
Tuning in

There are places where there is no connection. I have waited for you to correct an "area issue" which I was told to call back after 2 days. I have done the master resets as instructed on a call after spending an hour with your telephone operative. Then I was told that I would have to call back after conforming I would need pods. She also said she would put a note on the file so that the diagnostics would not have to be gone through again. When I called back I get timed out . This really is the worst customer experience I have had in over a decade. Please resolve this soon. 

We truly apologise for this experince. To best help, I have sent you a private message. Please keep an eye out for an envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. Let me know if you have any issues locating this. 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

For the forum, I have had more correspondence to try and divert my efforts. I'm awaiting the outcome of a complaint which is nearing it's deadline for response.

No problem at all @TheKhan Please let us know how the order goes and if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs