cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Devolo 1200 Powerline Adapter Cannot Connect to Hub 5 Since 23-May-2023

Stonewash
Tuning in

On 23-May-2023 at 04:17, my Hub 5 was rebooted via a remote command. Since then my Devolo 1200 powerline adapter cannot connect to the router, despite being plugged directly into it via Ethernet. All my other devices, which use Ethernet or Wifi, can still connect. I have tried the following without success:

1) Hard reset of the router by powering off, then powering on
2) Soft reset of the router by pressing the reset button on the underside
3) Remote reboot of the router by Virgin IT support
4) Sent a HIT command to the router by Virgin IT support to improve connections and peformance
5) Used a different ethernet port on the powerline adapter
6) Used a different ethernet port on the router
7) Used a different ethernet cable
😎 Plugged the powerline adapter into a different wall socket
9) Used a different powerline adapter (same model)
10) Reset the powerline adapter to factory settings

I had an engineer visit on 26-May-2023. He tested the relevant ethernet port on the router, and confirmed it was working. He also rebalanced the download/upload speeds via the control point on the external wall of my house. The error persisted, so he replaced the Hub 5 with a new one. The error still persists, so I suggest that the Hub 5 update on 23-May-2023 has disrupted the compatibility with the Devolo 1200 model, and possibly others.

37 REPLIES 37

The ASUS router now gets an internet connection. I had to reboot the Hub 5 after making all the connections. But...

1) The Devolo 1200 powerline adapter still cannot get an internet connection

2) My VM TV box lost it's internet connection. It works fine when connected to the Hub 5 in router mode.

Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta

Looks like we've narrowed it down to the Devolo 1200.  Have you done a hard reset on the Devolo?

Do you, like I do (wired), connect your TV to a Powerline adaptor?

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta

Btw, try this in the LAN/IPTV settings of the ASUS:

USE DHCP ROUTES ---> Microsoft

ENABLE MULTICAST ROUTING --->  Disable

USP PROXY --->  0

I have found the solution to the Devolos. Occasionally if they are disrupted, the pairing between all of the adapters gets severed, and is not re-instated automatically. The disruption can be caused by a firmware update, or in my case, a router-reboot on 23-May-2023. The solution is:

1) Gather all adapters together, and plug them into wall sockets close to one another

2) Unplug the ethernet cable from the base router

3) Press and hold the side-button on all adapters until the LED flashes white

4) Give them time to pair with each other. LEDs should become stable white

5) Plug the ethernet cable back in to the base router

6) Place the other adapters in their original wall sockets

I may choose to keep the ASUS router if the VM TV box can work with it. I suppose I should really create a new topic for that.

Well done.  For what my opinion is worth, stay in modem mode and persevere with the TV issue.  I have 3 smart TVs in different rooms.  Two are served from the Devolo powerlines (Ethernet); the third connects by Ethernet directly to the ASUS router.

Did you apply the IPTV settings I recommended?

Stonewash
Tuning in

After powering off/on the Virgin TV box, it now has an internet conenction. All of my devices are now connected, and the WiFi signal is noticeably better with the ASUS router.

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Stonewash, thanks for getting back to me privately.  
This is just a quick note to confirm you're satisfied with the response and efforts of the forum team?  Remember, if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand. Please bear in mind, you can manage your account from here. Your online account, will give you access to your bills, show your package details, diagnose any possible faults and monitor any orders and appointments you may have. 
Regards
Lee_R

Yes, all good