forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
Solarax
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Desperate Plea For Help - West London SNR Fault Now A Full Outage

Hello,

I've recently posted about an intermittent issue with my Internet connection.

Over the last few days this fault (F008791892) has become worse so that is now a full outage and I am unable to use my broadband connection for anything. I live alone and have work-from-home during lockdown so I'm absolutely reliant on this connection at the moment for contact with the outside world and my livelihood.

Do any of the Virgin Media employees on this forum have the ability to escalate the issue and ensure it is being prioritised correctly? The status update on the website and phone line state it is an intermittent issue but as my BQM below shows, it is now the equivalent of a full outage and hope it will be treated as such.

Any help or advice would be very appreciated, I'm desperate here 😞

BQM.png

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Desperate Plea For Help - West London SNR Fault Now A Full Outage

Its a known fault and they will be working as fast as they can to fix it. Is there no estimated fix date given on the website or 0800 number? Or try calling it in as a fault and ask for an update with the fault reference.

All ISP's have issues from time to time so if you work at home and your livelihood depends on Internet connectivity you should be on a Business package with an SLA for fix times and/or have a backup in place - a low cost DSL package or a 4G/5G Sim BB package

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Solarax
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply John.

I've contacted Virgin a number of times about the issue and been given three fix dates, all of which have been missed and extended. Given these circumstances, I hope you understand I'm reaching out on all possible channels to let Virgin Media know the issue has now escalated to a full outage and hoping that comes with a bump in priority.

I'm not sure if you're just frustrated with the number of people on the forums complaining about their service right now, but your suggestion to have a back-up in place comes across as quite spiteful. As I'm sure you're aware, there's a national lockdown going on at the moment and many of us are forced to work from home rather than being at our offices. Suggesting I should have upgraded to a business package with an SLA along with the cost and long-term commitment that entails doesn't seem particularly useful or insightful from a "Very Insightful Person".

Best Wishes

Sam

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It may not be insightful (VM's designation - not mine!) but its honest, realistic and well meant - albeit "blunt"! I only ever mention it it when someone says something like they are....

"absolutely reliant on this connection at the moment for contact with the outside world and my livelihood."

Which on first read comes across as running a business on a Residential package. Apologies if that's not the case and its just working from home.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Solarax
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I appreciate the reply John and now you've explained it, that makes perfect sense.

Also thank you for your volunteer work here, it can't be easy and it's clear you're making a big difference for a lot of people who can't get through to VM directly.

0 Kudos