Menu
thomasonelson
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Defective Superhub 2 - arrange an upgrade?

Hi,

I have a Superhub 2 dating from when I joined Virgin Media in 2013. The connection is now intermittent, and it goes offline if you nudge the cable going into the back of the hub from the wall box.

I can see on the website that all Superhub 2 owners are eligible for a free hub upgrade, but speaking to the support team they said as there is an issue in the area (due to last 3 days, apparently) they can’t consequently can’t dispatch a new modem. The VM Service Status page shows no issues.

Any ideas on getting a new hub sent out before this one packs up entirely?!

Thanks, Tom

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Defective Superhub 2 - arrange an upgrade?

Best place to check for issues is the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level.

That said, just call it in as faulty and arrange for a Tech visit to fix their faulty equipment. Tech will replace it if necessary. Be aware that there is a Hub supply issue at the moment due to the current economic/technological issues around the world. this means they are not doing "free upgrades" at the moment - it has to be broken.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
thomasonelson
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Defective Superhub 2 - arrange an upgrade?

Thanks John, that’s really helpful.

Local postcode status still shows as all okay via that 0800 number, so I’ll call tomorrow and get a engineer to visit.

TBH, it’s a bit frustrating as there’s some internal connection in the hub which is definitely not 100% and I dread it failing entirely, given currently working from home.

Appreciate your assistance!

0 Kudos