forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
djdlyons
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Default code on router not working

I have rebooted the hub 3 several times and actioned a hard reboot several times subsequently followed by power downs as advised on help files. When attempting to setup the Virgin Connect App i am requested to take a photo of the sticker on the bottom of the hub, i follow the instructions and yet it doesnt like the password code. I have also tries manually entering the details. Still no joy. Does anyone have any new steps to try?

Thanks in advance,

0 Kudos
g0akc
Rising star
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Default code on router not working

How did you do the hard (factory) reset - some instructions shown are wrong 

Press the pinhole reset button for a timed 60 seconds - then let it boot up for at least 10 minutes- do NOT power off.

Log directly into the hub at 192.168.0.1 with a browser using the password from the label - make sure you’re not using the WiFi password by mistake.  Don’t use any app.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!
djdlyons
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I'm not having difficulty getting into the hub via the IP. Its the App that doesnt like the numerical code detailed on the base of the Hub 3. 

However, your steps are slightly different to those detailed on the virgin help pages and I have nothing to lose. Virgin still havent contacted me to provide assistance, or more preferably, a replacement hub.

Thanks for your input.  I'll let you know how I get on.

0 Kudos
Tudor
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

VM help pages are definitely wrong about a hub reset, give it 60 seconds with the switch pressed in and do NOT power off, the hub will reboot itself. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
djdlyons
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

That worked! If only the Virgin Service Desk were aware of this....

I had to lodge a complaint as I was one week in to a new contract and I couldn't set the router up as I wished. The Service Desk said it was a problem with the network in the local area.... I told them that it was not related to my wifi setup but they wouldnt listen.

Your guidance took 10mins to follow.

I doff my hat. Thank you.

0 Kudos