cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deezer streaming issues

RhesusRheen
Tuning in

I have recently been having issues reliably streaming music from Deezer, songs will regularly stop playing and have issues buffering.

There are no other noticeable network issues while this is occurring, and speed checks indicate that I am on my usual 200Mbps connection.

This issue occurs on the windows app, browser, and also most noticeably on my amazon Alexa devices. The issue goes away, however, if I connect to a VPN before playing the music, indicating that it is a Virgin Media network issue, rather than a Deezer or local network issue.

8 REPLIES 8

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi RhesusRheen, 

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the forums. 

I'm sorry to hear you're having an issue when it comes to playing music through Deezer. 

This seems a bit of a strange one since there are no other issues with the connection and the speeds are all great too. 

Are you connecting through wireless or an ethernet cable when you're noticing the issues? 

If connecting through WiFi, can you try a wires connection to see if this removes the issue you are seeing? 

Pop back and let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi,

This is not a wireless connection issue, as previously stated, when I connect to a VPN service the issue does not occur, which shows that it is not an internal network error.

Thanks for coming back to us.

If you're using it on a Desktop app, is this Desktop connected via Ethernet? If not, can it be? 

Do you also have the same issue with other apps?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

I have the issue on the desktop app, in the browser, on the android app and on my Amazon echo devices, the same issue persists whether wireless or not on desktop, but does not occur when connected to a VPN.

Thank you for letting us know @RhesusRheen.

Do you get a similar issue when using your mobile data or an alternative network? Have you tried rebooting your hub device as seen here https://virg.in/ConnectHelp to see if the issue persists?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

No, the issue does not occur when using my mobile data, or when using an alternative connection.

I have also tried rebooting my router, which had no effect.

Thanks for coming back to the thread. Is it only Deezer you're having issues with? 

If so, you'll need to contact them - https://support.deezer.com/hc/en-gb/requests/new 

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill