Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Deco m9 plus setup

Hi I am struggling to set new deco m9 plus, put router into modem mode follow instructions but when it tries to connect to Internet says limited connection and m9 goes red. Need some advice on how to set ip up. Also any idea what internet connection type is? Did ask virgin but no help so far. Will I need a user name and password? Can use laptop on modem connection hub but not m9 goes red. Advise please, really struggling thank you 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Deco m9 plus setup

Try this procedure...
––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Disconnect all cables from your new router (or Mesh first unit) and unplug it. Put the VM Hub into modem mode (see VM website for details) and wait for the base light to turn magenta. Once it’s in modem mode, the VM hub must then be powered off. Then, set up your own router with the WAN port set to be in DHCP mode, it may be pre-set that way anyway. Make sure it’s fully initialised (leave 5 min) and then put in the WAN cable to the VM hub. Now power up the VM hub and you should get a connection. Use the recommended App to connect other Mesh units to the first one. This order only needs to be done the first time you connect the router to the VM hub.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Deco m9 plus setup

Thanks also needed to copy mac address 

0 Kudos