cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deco Xe75 pro hub 3 can't connect

Gee13manu
Joining in

please help ! tried everything but can't connect Deco Xe75 pro to the internet via the hub 3 says can't connect when trying to connect via the deco app 

8 REPLIES 8

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Need to follow a sequence - see this....

Switch on and set up your own router or first Mesh unit (in its settings) to have its WAN port set to be in.. Dynamic/Automatic IP or DHCP (& Nat) mode, it may be pre-set that way anyway. Then, disconnect all cables from your new router (and all Mesh units) and switch them off and unplug them.

Then, put the VM Hub into modem mode ( https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-hub-modem-mode ) and wait for the base light to turn magenta/purple (on a Hub3 - but not on a Hub4!).

Once it’s in modem mode, the VM hub “MUST” then be powered off. Switch your router on and make sure it’s fully initialised (leave 5 min) and then put in the Cat6a ethernet cable from its WAN port to the VM hub (any port will do).

NOW… power up the VM hub and wait 5-10 minutes for The Hub to initialise and and you should get a connection. Use the recommended App to connect any other Mesh units to the first one. This order only needs to be done the first time you connect the router to the VM hub. You might also set the SSID and key/password on the new router/Mesh to match that on the HUB so when you swap over, all your wireless devices should just connect automatically.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

thanks so much for the quick reply but the Deco won't let me initialise without it being connect to the hub 3 as it checks the internet connection as part of the set up any ideas how to get round this 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yes.... firstly - you heed to connect it to the Hub3 as you would as if going into bridge mode - with the Hub still in normal router mode - then connect the Deco to the TP-Link website via the App and it should allow you to connect and register - or so I am told ny my three Deco owning mates 🙂

Then pick up the sequence above

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks again but still having trouble can't seem to connect my phone to the deco via app. Just won't connect and when I try to connect manually via WiFi settings I can see that the deco is still not connected to the internet.  Grateful for any further advice. If I had hair would have pulled it out. Still determined to get it working not giving up ! 

Test that a wired PC works in modem mode then all you need to do is power off hub for 2 min with the Deco.

How ever VM and the one doing the firmware might be up to their tricks with how the Deco dose DHCP and wanting a broadcast reply that the hub is blocking but we will see...
---------------------------------------------------------------

Many thanks will give it a try and let you know 

If you are using windows and you get it working you can test broadcast reply mode by adding to the Registry Editor like this and if on a reboot you can't get a IP you know the reason.

change 

DhcpConnForceBroadcastFlag to 1

DhcpConnEnableBcastFlagToggle to 0

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces

Screenshot 2022-10-27 213031.png

---------------------------------------------------------------

Did you get it to work in the end? Thinking of getting a DEco Xe75 setup myself (to use with a Hub 3)