Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Damaged Hub 3.0 Isolator Cable - How to get a replacment?

Hi,

I've got a damaged Isolator Cable for my Virgin Broadband Hub 3.0, how would I got about sourcing a replacement?

Thanks for your time!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Damaged Hub 3.0 Isolator Cable - How to get a replacment?

How did it get damaged?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I had to disconnect the hub for some plastering work. When screwing the black end of the isolator back into the hub the cable sheath and inner shielding came away, now I've got exposed and twisted cables.

Luckily the cable is still functioning - but I definitely need to source a replacement before disconnecting.

If anyone has any idea about who to contact about this - would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Phone the normal CS line 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

You can either phone in (08:00 is the best time) or wait on here for a few days (6 to 7 days average) until one of the VM Forum Staff comes along.

If you wait on here Do Not bump the thread it will put it further down the VM 'to do list'.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the responses, very much appreciated.

I was looking around for the Customer Support phone number on the VM website - but all I could uncover was a hearing impaired number, and a text messaging number (that I’ve gotten no response from).

Does anyone have the Customer Support number? Or where I’m missing it on the website?

thanks for your time

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

150 from Virgin landline.

0345 454 1111 from any other UK  phone

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi akehuma, thanks for your post - sorry for the delay getting back to you.

I took a quick look into this to check if it's something you still need help with and the notes suggested the teams were unable to help - I think we can, so just if still not sorted please get back to me via PM.

Tom

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No problem at all 🙂 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos