Menu
Bully240287
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Damage cable to router

His everyone, I bought a puppy for Xmas and somehow he's managed to partially chew the cable which run's from the Lil white box in corner of room to the back of the hub 4.0. My Internet is still on but every now and then it drops in speed only for a short while. Will virgin charge me for this to be replaced or am I best picking up the cable and doing it myself. I work in the live cable industry so doing it myself wouldn't be an issue but is this allowed or does it have to be done by a VM engineer
0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Damage cable to router

You can either call in (08:00 is the best time) or wait on here for a few days (6 to 10 days average) until one of the VM Forum Staff comes along.

If you wait on here Do Not bump the thread it will put it further down the VM 'to do list'

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

VM coax is special to them so you are best to get a tech to sort it or if its the standard 1metre cable they may send one

Tony
0 Kudos
Bully240287
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I did think that to be fair so is it best to call them on the morning or live chat through the app as the bots on there just go through the same questions then ask if it was helpful then start over again

0 Kudos