Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Daily "We're aware of your fault' Status

For years we've had reliable broadband, and it's essential for me as a homeworker for 15yrs. But over last few weeks it's become extremely unreliable, and over last couple of weeks faults are occurring nearly daily.

Symptom is suddenly occurring frequent upstream packet loss, then frequently the link falls over altogether. Most of the time the "notify me when fixed" doesn't work, but the few times it did :

F008553428

C01158297

Could you please expand on what the real issue is, and what will be done. As it seems like something at the head-end falls over and someone is simply rebooting something.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Daily "We're aware of your fault' Status

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level (that may not be listed on the Area Status web page which usually covers >1000’s of customers) - that may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

If nothing shows on there, try calling it in as a fault (on 150 VM line - or 0345 454 1111 others) and see what they say when they test your connection. If they say it’s a known fault, get a fault reference number – n.b.- the UK call centre is still picking up and calling at 08.00 gives the best chance of getting through quickly, although I got through recently in 20' at ~1pm midweek.

Or, a VM person should pick this thread up as soon as they see it and be able to help in a few days.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Daily "We're aware of your fault' Status

Hey @dsmithuk,

Sorry to hear that you're having issues with your connection and that it has become so unreliable over the last few weeks.

How is your connection running at the moment?

I have been able to locate your account and cannot see any issues on our system that would be causing the problems you stated at the moment but I did notice that you spoke to the team and were notified of an outage in your area but that has since been resolved.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos