Menu
stannoo
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Daily outages for last few days - London N1

Since Thursday I've been getting total outages several times a day - wifi and cable.  Last up to 30 minutes at a time

No-one answers the VM support phone-line - just a recorded message saying they are overloaded "due to covid".

What's going on?  Who can tell me what's going on? This is getting really irritating!

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Daily outages for last few days - London N1

Have you checked for “known network faults”?

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level. These may not be listed on the Area Status web page (Areas are not “Geographic” they are billing areas) as that usually only covers faults affecting 1000’s of customers) so phone may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

If nothing shows on there, try calling it in as a fault (on 150 VM line - or 0345 454 1111 others) and see what they say when they test your connection. If they say it’s a known fault, get a fault reference number – n.b.- the UK call centre is still picking up and calling at 08.00 (Mon-Sat) or 09.00 (Sun) gives the best chance of getting through quickly.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
stannoo
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks John.  There does indeed seem to be an area outage.  I rang the fault line - apparently the system says it will be restored by 9am, but it's been saying that for the last 4 days on the automated response.

I am guessing this is related to the work to improve wifi (ironically) that we've had the emails about but who knows.

0 Kudos
fb49
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The automated service update line is incredibly annoying - it's been saying it will be fixed by 9am for FOUR DAYS. This is ridiculous! We have a whole family trying to work and home-school with this useless service. What is actually going on? No-one knows or no-one will tell us, been on the phone to Virgin numerous times.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos