Menu
jdhawkins
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

DGN1000 Firmware Update (

I've followed an old link on this forum to upgrade the firmware on an old Virgin DGN1000 router.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Forum-Archive/Superhub-DGN1000-Firmware-update-or-not/td-p/1190...

The direct link provided for the DGN1000 v2.1.00.25_VG version of the software at https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B0Lp0UhPpmvFRGZSa3RobHRJcFE&export=download no longer works (and not really sure why it points to a Google Docs file?).

Is there a link available to download the firmware upgrade (ideally v2.1.00.25_VG or greater)?

0 Kudos
Danny08
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: DGN1000 Firmware Update (

Hello, 

The Virgin Media hubs are updated automatically. The links have been removed very long-time ago you should update to the latest Virgin Media hub.

As far I'm aware these DGN1000 was end-life longtime ago.   

0 Kudos
jdhawkins
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I'm currently running firmware V2.1.00.19_VG.

I can see that the links have been deleted, hence why I'm asking if a more recent firmware version.  If there was automatic firmware updating, why is my firmware version lower than the V22.1.00.25_VG linked to above?

I appreciate the router is end-life, but would be interested to know if the firmware version was still available even if upgrading would void any warranty.

0 Kudos
Danny08
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

The old hubs no longer supported on firmware updates. You should contact Customer Care. Ask them upgrade you to the last Virgin Media, modem/hub I'm aware these are no longer supported end-life. The process on Virgin Media modem/hub on the latest hubs are automatic. The old hubs didn't support this and upgrading firmware version if done incorrect way would break the device. So Virgin Media, teams pushed for automatic updates on the newest hubs.
0 Kudos