Menu
Highlighted
Rising star
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Cutting out listening to streaming music on Wi-Fi

I currently have two internet connections at home.  My Virgin Media 200/20 broadband connection and a 40/20 connection from Vodafone.

When connected to Virgin Media on my mobile phone listening to streaming music or video it will occasionally cut out for one or two seconds and then come back.

This doesn't happen if I connect my phone to the Vodafone connection.

I don't notice any issues when using devices on wired connection just when using Wi-Fi to stream music and/or videos.

Any ideas? - Could it be a faulty router ??

Thanks in advance

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cutting out listening to streaming music on Wi-Fi

Are you connecting to the 2.4Ghz band or 5Ghz band?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Rising star
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Just checked my phone and it is showing 2.4GHz.

Signal Strength:  Excellent
Link speed:  39 Mbps

Thanks

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

That explains the slower speed.

Can you connect to the 5Ghz band?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Rising star
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I'm not sure how.  I assume my device is capable.  It is a Huawei Honor 20 Lite.

I only see the one SSID for Virgin Media, so I assume that automatically connected you to the 5Ghz if it is available ??

When connected to my Vodafone internet that is also 2.4Ghz and doesn't experience the issue though.

-

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Indeed, it's only Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n so 2.4Ghz only

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Rising star
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Is this likely to be a faulty Hub ? - As I say, I don't have the issue on Wi-Fi with my Vodafone broadband connection, so it isn't the mobile phone that is at fault and the connection to that is a poorer signal.

Thanks

-

0 Kudos