Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Cut off after waiting over an hour for the upgrade team

I understand I might have to wait a while to get to speak to the upgrade team due Covid but after being put on hold for the transfer after an hour of some pretty horrible music the phone goes dead. Grrrr. What gives? - Can't do it online as My VM says none available with my VIP package and I want to move to the ultimate oomph bundle as it's only £2 more a month and I get to have 500+Mbps and a Sim.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cut off after waiting over an hour for the upgrade team

@postmodboy wrote:

I understand I might have to wait a while to get to speak to the upgrade team due Covid but after being put on hold for the transfer after an hour of some pretty horrible music the phone goes dead. Grrrr. What gives? - Can't do it online as My VM says none available with my VIP package and I want to move to the ultimate oomph bundle as it's only £2 more a month and I get to have 500+Mbps and a Sim.

£2 a month more for who? Is it a new customer deal?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yep, wanting to upgrade to the ultimate Ooomph package which is £2 more than what I pay now
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Repeated the process today and at 1hr 7 minutes the hold music stops but no answer. Infuriating. I guess I'm just not going to be able to upgrade. If VM don't want my business then might have to try another supplier.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Lines are busy. You just need to keep trying.

Besides if the bundle is a new customer bundle that doesn’t mean you’ll get it at that price as an existing customer. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Postmodboy, 

Thanks for posting on our forums about this package change, I am afraid Gary is correct. Some offers like this one are only available for new customers, however we do still have some nice offers for existing customers too. 
Please give our upgrade team a call on 0345 454 1111 choose options 1, 4 then 2. You can also use our text service on 0753 305 1809 if that's easier for you.

Thanks, 

Megan_L 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the responses. I'm aware that the headline prices of the deals are for new customers only and was expecting to pay the full amount, but when I did a customer chat about this last year the agent said I would be eligible for the package upgrade. I'll try the number you suggest. Thanks again.

0 Kudos