Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Customer service levels

I feel it is impossible to get any service. No one is answering calls (I just put the phone down after holding for 60 minutes), the link on the Virgin app to get help by text is broken, and if one phones in and when prompted to give your mobile number so that Virgin can text you a link to help you remotely, you get cut off. So it’s not possible to get any help through the app, text or calls. 

I am soooo frustrated with this service!

Can someone please give me advice as to what other way one can communicate to try and get my router repaired/sorted?

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: Customer service levels

Explaining the issue at hand is a good start. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 19
Flag for a moderator

The power light of my router is flashing green. I have rebooted and reset the router numerous times. Signal into the house works as my TV that is connected directly to Virgin works. Everything else that via the router is connected to the router but no signal. I need someone from Virgin to establish what is wrong but impossible to communicate with them! No place to even complain other than on this public forum. 

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Wired or wireless connections?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 5 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Wireless connections

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 19
Flag for a moderator

wired or wireless does not matter if the power light is flashing green

so lets establish it is the power light - assume its a hub3 you normally have one light at the bottom that is white - is that the light that is flashing green

and describe your setup to the TV - how is that connected to VM - via a tivo/v6 or the like

Tony
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 7 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: not sre what gary Re: Customer service levels

Yes it is a Hub 3 and it is the light at the bottom which normally is white is flashing green. 

I have two TiVo boxes. One hard wired and the other via WiFi. Hardwired one is working. WiFi one is not. 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 19
Flag for a moderator

thats odd - the green flashing light says you have lost connection to the internet - the tivo via wifi confirms that but the working tivo says there is connection to the net so check the cable from the hub3 to the wall box - if thats damaged or loose you would lose connection

how are the 2 wall boxes connected is there an internal splitter - if so check that or do they both go back to the external box

something is wrong from the external box to the hub3 i suggest - i guess it could be the hub that is faulty but that would be rare 

you could test the hub by connecting it to the cable that screws into the wired tivo

Tony
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 9 of 19
Flag for a moderator

From what I can understand is that the working TV is connected with a CAD6 cable via my house network directly into the router. The other TiVo box connect via WiFi. 

That makes me think that the router’s WiFi connection is not working. I tried to connect directly to the Hub3 now and it indicates that there is a fault. We have BT whole home router extensions connected with CAD6 cables also directly to the router and they seem to not be the problem. 

I suspect the router must have packed up...

if that is the case I am back at my original problem and that is the complete inability to communicate with someone at Virgin. 

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Is the Hub in Router or Modem Mode ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos