Hi all. Over the past few weeks, I’ve experienced what I can only describe as the worst customer support/experience I have ever received from a UK company. I’ve tried everything to try and get Virgin Media to resolve, and have ended up worst off than when I started.
I’ve joined the community in the hope that another customer has been through something similar and can provide some advice!
Here’s a summary of where we’re at:
1. My speeds are intermittent and internet cuts out randomly several times a day for 5-30. Has been happening for over 3 months. Did all the troubleshooting VM advises online. The live chat was broken at the time and just getting VM on the phone was painful to say the least
2. I eventually got through to support on the phone. They offered me a promo package for £17 for virgin media and £5 O2 Sim, compared to my current £28 for remainder of my contract (Nov 23). 30 mins layers, they then phoned back and told that offer wasn’t available but still signed up for O2 sim which I’m paying for. Apologised repeatedly and admitted fault. Later found out from O2 that the package is actually until 2024 - so they lied about that
3. Have patched me through to O2 on 3 separate occasions, without explaining anything to O2. On all of these occasions O2 either cut out, or on the third, told me they’d cancel it but didn’t.
4. I then submitted a complaint. Virgin Media sent round a technician who didn’t fix the issue. Still the same.
5. On 3 occasions, Virgin media told me they would call me back and they didn’t: 1. After the original compliant person said they would call back after the technician had visited to check if fixed. They didn’t. 2. They said they would phone me back to order a Wi-Fi pod (because it wasn’t available on that day) - they didn’t so I had to phone and stay on hold and reexplain the situation to yet another advisor to order it (and the pod never arrived) 3. When they patched me through to O2 for the third time, I asked for a call back to check I was able to resolve. They said ‘of course happy to’ and never did.
6. On every single occasion I have to reexplain the entire situation to Virgin media. Do they not keep notes? In addition, they always make me go through the same troubleshooting process which doesn’t diagnose the issue EVERY TIME.
Any ideas on how I can get VM to actually address this? I’ve tried to be polite and patient every time I’ve contacted them, but in return feel like I’m just getting fobbed off constantly.
Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.
I'm so sorry to hear that you've not had a great experience with us recently regarding your services and your bundle. We're keen to get this sorted out for you ASAP.
Regarding the service issues, are they continuing for you today? I've checked over things on our systems and I'm unable to detect any faults currently which would explain why this is happening for you.
With the bundle, is it only the O2 SIM card aspect that you're happy with? If so, it'd be best to speak with O2 directly about that and they can be reached on 0344 809 0202 (or 202 from an O2 handset). However, just so you're aware, if you remove the O2 SIM card and you're on a Volt bundle then you will subsequently be removed from it as you'd no longer be eligible.
I dont think you have actually said.... but are your connectivity issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check that on a computer/laptop connected on a known good Cat5e (or better) cable - to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be VM network connection/Hub related?
Hi Zach - thanks for your reply but you’ve misunderstood the issue. There are 2 things I’m unhappy with:
- Wi-Fi cutouts and speed drops.
- being signed up for the O2 sim without the offer I was originally sold being available
The issues have persisted today, yes.
As I explained in my original post, I have phoned O2 repeatedly and they have everytime disconnected me. As VM created this mess, I don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect a little more effort from them in fixing it rather than telling me to phone them again when it hasn’t worked 3 times
Hi John - I haven’t tried that (will do later). But I doubt that’s the issue as a VM engineer replaced the hub and the exact same issue has persisted.
Do test it. VM Hubs are not renowned for the quality of their wifi components. Also if you are getting interference from outside sources then it wont matter how may Hub swaps you have had. My example is... every time we switch on our new Panasonic Microwave oven... our wifi signal drops out ... until the "ping" 😎
Thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear this.
I can see you've spoke to the team since this post, did they manage to get this resolved for you? Thanks
Matt - Forum Team
New around here?
Thanks for following up. No I haven’t spoken to the VM team since that post so not sure why your records are showing that.
I still am being charged for O2 and VM have been completely unhelpful in resolving this and getting it cancelled. As I explained in previous post, I get patched through to O2 and just hung up on.
Okay I am sorry to hear that I can only help with the Virgin Media issues as we don't have access to the O2 ones.
I have checked your levels and everything is look great, if possible please post a BQM here
Once we can check this we can look into in more depth see if our systems missed anything. Cheers
Matt - Forum Team
New around here?