Menu
Weeone2020
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Customer Services

Yesterday my wifi broke again, second time in a month.  First time they sent an engineer, this time I had to turn my wifi  hub off about 5 times then they wanted me to connect a cable from my computer to my wifi box. I don't have a cable so they said they would send one. All I have is a computer, no laptop so impossible for me to connect as all in different rooms.  I explained this and that I was a vulnerable customer and had been at home for 10 months and needed my internet to keep in contact with family.  I spoke to 3 people in Customer Services (not UK based). The 2 guys were not exactly helpful and one said he would ring me back but never did.  The lady I spoke to was downright rude and kept insisting that I connect the non existent cable and none of them would send an engineer unless I paid them/virgin £99. I did get tearful on the phone because I was so frustrated but it left no indent on her.  

Ive tried speaking to the leaving team which is normally UK based, but all I get is the same customer services team. 

I have been with Virgin for 25 years and have never been treated so badly.  I am on my own at home most of the time and this experience has left me feeling very very tearful and low. 

I am today signing up with with BT as I have no other way of getting my internet fixed.  I will be writing a letter of complaint to Virgin and want answers as to how this can happen and will fight if Virgin try to charge me for leaving early. 

At least I am a little computer savvy but imagine if someone who wasn't got this team to deal with.  

0 Kudos
Andruser
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Customer Services

if you want decent customer service, you may want to avoid BT and consider Zen Internet; I've found them excellent when dealing with them on behalf of a vulnerable family member.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Weeone2020
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Marvellous - many thanks will take a look .  

0 Kudos
Weeone2020
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Well I have now got through to customer services again and spoke to Rohit.  He has promised me an engineer today or first thing tomorrow morning.  I will give Virgin a chance to fix it as would rather stay with them but cant deal with all the aggro, so if no one turns up I will be be going.  I will still be writing a letter of complaint for the upset caused yesterday. Watch this space!!!  

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@Weeone2020 wrote:

Well I have now got through to customer services again and spoke to Rohit.  He has promised me an engineer today or first thing tomorrow morning.  I will give Virgin a chance to fix it as would rather stay with them but cant deal with all the aggro, so if no one turns up I will be be going.  I will still be writing a letter of complaint for the upset caused yesterday. Watch this space!!!  

They’ll either book an appointment there and then for you. Or not. There’s not “it will either be...”. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos