Menu
ArcherH
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Custom router & home phone

Hi,

Has anyone been able to put the hub 3.0 into modem mode & still use their home phone? 

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
g0akc
Rising star
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Custom router & home phone

@ArcherH wrote:

Hi,

Has anyone been able to put the hub 3.0 into modem mode & still use their home phone? 

Thanks. 

Yes - I've just put my Hub 3 into modem mode to use a different router - the landline still works, same socket as before on the Hub 3 - I didn't even disconnect the DECT base unit we have plugged in.

This is for the VoIP landline (home phone) which comes directly off the back of the hub with a short adapter cable

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!
0 Kudos
ArcherH
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Perfect. Thank you very much. I was sceptical when customer services told me you could as from my experience no other ISP allows you to do this.

Glad it works! it solves all my problems. 

0 Kudos
g0akc
Rising star
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

There have been a few other threads on this recently

Evidently the landline connection is on Virgin's side of the modem, using their network, regardless of the hub being in router mode or modem mode.

You could also connect further house phone wiring off the hub if desired, disconnecting any old BT line of course.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!
0 Kudos