Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Crap wifi

My 100Mbs only gives 22Mbs 5mtrs away from the hub3. When I signed up I asked if I would get a good signal with Virgin as I am in a 2 bedroom bungalow and was told yes all through the bungalow. This I find is wrong and I am struggling to get a signal at my printer. My wifi was much better with Talktalk on a 36mbs contract. I cannot believe I lose 78mbs at 5 Mtrs in a bungalow. If I sit on the router I do get 100Mbs, What a let down Virgin is.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Crap wifi

VM wifi is letting them down when it be better if they didn't do wifi so look at it like that and get your own wireless router with 1Gb ports and use the hub in modem mode.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No one can promise WiFi speeds 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

15Mbs loss per metre is having a laugh

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

This is not an unsolvable problem. You can strengthen your Wi-Fi signal by getting a quality access point. If you still run into problems, write here and I'll try to help.

Best regards.

Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@Scoz wrote:

15Mbs loss per metre is having a laugh

Not for a cheap £30 mass produced ISP router it isn’t. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@Scoz wrote:

My 100Mbs only gives 22Mbs 5mtrs away from the hub3. When I signed up I asked if I would get a good signal with Virgin as I am in a 2 bedroom bungalow and was told yes all through the bungalow. This I find is wrong and I am struggling to get a signal at my printer. My wifi was much better with Talktalk on a 36mbs contract. I cannot believe I lose 78mbs at 5 Mtrs in a bungalow. If I sit on the router I do get 100Mbs, What a let down Virgin is.

Maybe your device is moving from 5Ghz to 2.4Ghz the further away it is?

Access your HUB on http://192.168.0.1 , access the 'Connected devices' section on the left hand side, and check what 'Speed (Mbps)' your device is connected at when 5 metres away from the HUB and right next to it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Grandson has been round done some tinkering and improved for me To 75Mbs. I’m now happy.

Thankyou to all who contributed