Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Contract Period

I recently had a fault on my V6 box.  A nice man from VM came and replaced it and took the faulty unit away.  I then discovered my contract had been extended by 18 months on a contract variation, reason - supply and fit of a new V6 box.  I've emailed in three complaints with no resolution.  Does anyone know how to have a dialouge with VM that will actually fix this problem? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Contract Period

Hopefully the VM forum staff will pick this up and sort it out promptly, as they do their utmost to help and that's your quickest and easiest route.  You are in the right that you have not extended your contract (side note to Virgin Media: What the hell's wrong with your systems and processes to try and force unagreed contract extensions on the people who pay your wages?)

If the forum staff can't sort this then I'm afraid it is formal complaint time, in writing, by post as per VM's complaints policy.   You can in theory phone in with a complaint, you've probably already found what a waste of your time that is.  That should sort it, but if not you have to give VM two months, and then you escalate to the industry arbitration scheme CISAS, who will sort it out, and will charge VM a decent sum in admin costs for the privilege.  If you need to go down this route it won't be quick, but it will be very effective.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Legend
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I would go down the thinking of leaving route.

Now that you have a "new" contract you previous contract is finished meaning you have a cooling off period.

Speak to Retentions on 150 or 0345 454 1111 - options 1-1-4-4 "Thinking of leaving" - they are open 08:00 until 21:00 BUT calling early between 08.00-10.00  midweek is best, when you will usually get a UK call centre with staff more informed and helpful. They seem to have the power of God over other departments.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Good call by MikeRobbo, and worth a try.  But bear in mind that the cooling off period is 14 days, and unless you're within 14 days of them VM making that change you may have to argue the toss.  So give that a go before starting down the formal complaint process.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos