Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Continuously flashing LEDs on Superhub 2 in modem mode

I am using Superhub 2 in modem mode on a M100 service. I have noticed of late that the activity LEDs on my Synology NAS Drive and a Linksys VoIP ATA are flashing fairly rapidly and continuously which they didn't do in the past. The WAN LED on the router is also flashing continuously - even if I disconnect my network it still flashes.

Why is this happening - is it a fault or has VM changed something? Other than that everything appears to be working correctly (broadband only, no TV service.)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Continuously flashing LEDs on Superhub 2 in modem mode

Hi Woody19, 

Thanks for posting to the Communtiy.

My sincere apologies for the delay, we have been a little busier than usual at the moment. 

Using the Hub in modem mode can cause the light to go red but can you also please check that the equipment is not overheating?

Is it in a well ventilated space and not hot to touch?

Thanks 

Nat
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Continuously flashing LEDs on Superhub 2 in modem mode

The router stands vertical in a well ventilated place and runs almost cold (as does the power supply.)

The up/down split arrow indicator is the one that concerns me, and it seems that the activity lights on my NAS Drive and ATA only flash when my own router is connected to the SH2 and the SH2 is on line. If I break the network at any point from the input to my router to the switch that feeds the two named items, the flashing stops so I can only conclude that the SH2 is the cause.

By the way, in your reply please be aware that I am a former NTL/Arqiva employee that was part of the maintenance team so am very familiar with the structure of your network, but not as far as the SH2 is concerned!! I think I did read somewhere in the Community that this flashing indicator may be something to do with changes of equipment VM has made on the network (as a whole?)

0 Kudos