cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continuous red light on my router

Craig06
Joining in

Hi, sorry my first post….. not sure if it’s in the right place. my router has had a red light on for over a week now. I’ve checked all the connections and they all seem ok. I’ve tried switching the power off on the back of the router for 10 minutes then restarting. Then I tried switching everything off at the mains but it still comes back on red. The sides of the router are warm but don’t seem excessively hot. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Craig 

3 REPLIES 3

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Craig06, thanks for reaching out on our help forums and for your first post here.
We're excited to have you on board, a warm welcome to the VM community from our forum team. 🙂

I'm sorry to hear there's a persistent red light on the hub currently, we're eager to assist with those however I'd like a few more things confirmed before we can advise more.

First thing, could you please check here and let us know which type of hub you have from the listed ones?
And second, can you confirm the hub is on router mode and not switched to modem when the red light is on?

Once we know these I'll be happy to assist further.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Adri_G my router is a Hub 3.0. Sorry but I’m not sure what you mean by the hub is on router mode or modem?  The red light is just on all the time 

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey Craig06, thanks for the reply back and for clarifying what type of hub you have.

I'll send you a PM here soon so I can have a closer look and help out, not to worry about the modem mode question for now.

Please, check the top right-hand side of our page to find a little white envelope.
Click on this and you'll see my message.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs