Menu
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Continuous outages in my area.

I live in the Irlam and Cadishead area of Manchester. I'm a member of a local Facebook group whose members are mainly people living in this area.

At the moment there appears to be numerous posts from people living there who happen to be Virgin Media customers. Their reasons for posting appear to be to report the number of outages they are suffering with their Virgin services at present.

In the last two days, I have also experienced this, losing broadband, TV and landline for a time over both days.

It goes without saying this is quite annoying and inconvenient, and it makes me curious why, based on the Facebook posts I'm reading and my own experiences, this is happening so often at present.

Answers from those in the know would be much appreciated. 

Is it possibly something to do with the current crisis we're living through?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Continuous outages in my area.

Have you checked for “known network faults”?

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage", there is also a Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level (that may not be listed on the Area Status web page which usually covers 1000’s of customers) - that may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

If nothing shows on there, try calling it in as a fault (on 150 VM line - or 0345 454 1111 others) and see what they say when they test your connection and if possible, get a fault reference number – the UK call center is still picking up.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Continuous outages in my area.

Thank you for your help.

I've made a note of the numbers for future reference.

0 Kudos