cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continually messing about

annboleyn
On our wavelength

Why does Virgin keep messing their home page about? One time I click direct on email at top right and go direct, another time I get request for full login and then 'OOps sorry your time has expired!' Another time I have to scroll down a page for my Virgin Media, click and scroll further for email box which changes position all the time!!! Really annoying and time wasting

46 REPLIES 46

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi everyone, I'm really sorry to hear you've been having issues when navigating our site over the past week.
Can you please let us know if the issues are still ongoing as of today? Can you also let me know which browsers you have been using, and if you've tried using our site from any other browsers of devices to see if the issue persists?
Any responses will be greatly appreciated as it will allow us to investigate this further.
Thanks

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Logging in problems

I could not log in this evening (18/05/2022) 20.00hrs to the virgin web page, just sticks saying logging in.

I tried several browsers and cleaned the browsing history but locked out, but was working this afternoon.

I used my thunderbird email client which has three virgin email accounts all working.

alf28

19/05/2022 0700 hrs

The Virgin web site is still down from last night?, I can not log in.

I have tried 3 browsers, chrome,edge and firefox, all just hangs and does not bring up the log in page when I click sign in, a virgin logo  sign appears.

What is happening with the Virgin media website of late?

There should be an official notice if the web site is down for maintenance, so this must be an unplanned failure.

I can not get into my virgin account or web mail account so I hope the forum can explain why the virgin media web site is not available?

UPDATE 0710 HRS

I tried again, the web email now works but I can not get into my virgin media just hangs.

alf28

HughJarsse
Knows their stuff

As mentioned by ALF28,

Site  DOWN AGAIN this morning, just get the spinning VM logo, and nothing else.

Tried on both Chrome and edge, on 2 different PC's, a laptop (all windows) , and a tablet and  phone  (both Android) yet get the same on them all, even after several minutes waiting.

Is VM actually 'fit for purpose' here, or are we just being taken for a ride??

Multiple problems with the website, from this to not being able to access e-mail, or accounts or contracts, or almost anything..

WHY have VM messed around with this homepage AGAIN. They seem unable to even get THAT right??

For a 'supposed' high tech communications  company, they are really just a bunch of cheapskate money grabbers...

Basically, been messed around for weeks, with NO INTEREST from VM, so official complaint going in now.. 

VM very quick to raise prices and take money off of you, yet RELUCTANT TO FIX THE PROBLEMS..

Thanks,

If enough people complain about these website issues, virgin media might eventually do something about this poor website.

I tried a secondary account, and it did for a moment go into my account and brought it up for a few seconds but replaced this by the spinning logo, so my accounts are locked out!!!, what are virgin media playing at, surely if it is maintenance, it should be done at night time so customers are not locked out during daytime.

If I click email that still works OK.

Any comments from the virgin forum?, virgin media  do not even put a notice/message to say what is wrong with the website or how long it will be off, just the hanging spinning logo,or the oops something is wrong  message.

alf28

EMAIL-not logging out.

My web Email account does not log out properly, it take two goes to log out both in my primary and secondary web email accounts, must be a malfunction.

alf28

HughJarsse
Knows their stuff

'Any comments from the virgin forum?'

Absolutely NO CHANCE, or at least not for a week, when things have blown over!! (and then you will get the 'can you check to see if things are working OK now, and report back?', from staff)

(I've always thought that staff 'deliberately' leave a week or so before replying to posts so they don't have to get caught up in the 'flack' caused by VM's stinking attitude to customers)

For me, e-mail 'was' working earlier, just not the website, BUT.. Now, can't access e-mail either!!  So WELL DONE VM for making it WORSE!!

CRAP company, 

CRAP 'customer service'

CRAP management from the top down.

AND, they have the cheek to ask you to 'upgrade' your package!! **bleep**!!!!

I think once they have your money they couldn't care less, they have no idea the amount of disruption, loss of business etc this is all costing

'I think once they have your money they couldn't care less'

I have said this many, many times. It's all about 'profit' and 'shareholders', and 'bonuses' with absolutely NO thought for the way it is acquired. 

Who cares how much disruption they cause, so long as there is a hefty wage packet, bonus, and dividends to be had. VM certainly don't, and this attitude starts from the very top (CEO) downwards, because the CEO doesn't care, neither do the board of directors, because they are taking a MASSIVE salary/bonuses etc from us...

HughJarsse
Knows their stuff

So , latest update...  All 'was' working, BUT...only for 30 mins or so, now all gone down AGAIN. 

Now, when trying to log in, get   

'Oops, looks like something's gone wrong on our side.
Please try again' 

[REMOVED]
[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate language removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]