Menu
Andrew1010
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Contacting Virgin Media - why so difficult?

Hi I have been without Broadband (Cambridge CB24 area) since last Monday. Four calls to 150 all took over 40min to get through. When I do, the people are lovely and take the information but can't help but promise someone will get back to me. On the last call they even raised a complaint for me that they told me should guarantee I get a member of management ringing me on Monday.....they didn't.

Really want to find an email so I can have a recorded conversation with someone....but they don't appear to have any. Tried the chat feature but after the bot passes me to a human.....no response in 4hr window as promised. 

Tried Resolver....but VM won't accept complaints from that service!?

So here to see if anyone from VM monitors this forum, or if someone else has a good idea.

Next steps I guess are either aggressive tweeting or a complaint to ofcom. But I would really rather focus on getting my service back than make a nusance of myself.....but it appears from other reports that the second is necessary to get the first.

Sigh!

Andrew

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Contacting Virgin Media - why so difficult?

What does the service status page say?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Andrew1010
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Shows green, all good...... But self test fails.

Several days last week a fault iwas logged around 8am with fix due 3pm, subscribe to updates and some times get confirmation of fix around 3.30.....but never any service.

One CS suggested they might be doing upgrades in the area and service might be 'intermittant' till 30th Nov. But we are past that and still no service. Every company has problems, but it is lack of information that really kills goodwill.

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andrew1010. Thanks for posting.

I am sorry to hear your internet service is down and you've had issues trying to get it fixed.  I would like to take a closer look. To enable me to do so I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos