Menu
newscot
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Contacting Broadband Speed Assessment Team

I’ve been a Virgin customer for 11 years. Poor broadband speeds have become a regular feature of the package provided. However, it got so bad recently I raised a formal complaint. 

On the back of that I got an email from “Virgin Media Broadband Speed Assesment” telling me they were going to monitor my network 24/7 for the next 30 days to see if it fell below the Minimum Guaranteed Download Speed for 3 successive days.

30 days later I got another email telling me (unsurprisingly) that it did not!

I would be very interested to know what the Min Guaranteed speed is and to see the data they collected over the 30 day period. However, there seems to be no way to contact these people. The email address is “no reply” & the only contact info is dial 150 which I tried but was about as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike.

Can anyone tell me how I might contact this team or get access to the data they collected?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Contacting Broadband Speed Assessment Team

A VM person should comment in a few days.

In the meantime...

What package are you on and what up/down speeds are you getting?

And what are the speeds on an ethernet cable connection as well as wifi?

What devices are you testing speeds on and at what site are you testing on?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
newscot
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi John - broadband is supposed to be 200Mb but it varies between 20 and 215 - on wifi and hardwired...  I use Speedtest.net - both direct and via the Virgin speed test page.

At this point all I am really interested in is Virgin’s definition of Minimum Guaranteed Speed and the data they collected over the last 30 days

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The minimum speeds are direct to the VM hub

broadband/speeds 

Our minimum download speed guarantee

The actual speed of your service may vary, but for new customers and existing customers who change their broadband services on or after 28th February 2019, we now provide a minimum download speed guarantee to your Virgin Media Hub. This is 50% of the advertised speed for your broadband service on the date you placed your order.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos