Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Constant wifi drop outs

Everyday since I’ve had virgin the WiFi is absolutely horrendous, signal is that bad I had to buy another router to boost signal which helps, but that still hasn’t changed to constant drop outs. The speed is good it’s just when it decides to work lol. It varies throughout the day sometimes more frequently and for longer I just have to wait till it decides to work again or use my mobile data till then I’ve complained multiple times and heard nothing back I’m looking at leaving if it’s not sorted had enough of it tried all the usual stuff resets/reboots Channel changes dns changes all sorts still the same crap

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Constant wifi drop outs

What are wired speeds and connectivity like?

Have you put the hub into Modem Mode?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I only have one wired connection my Xbox and that is totally fine but wifi on all devices is horrendous. Yeah it’s exactly the same in modem mode someone said buy a super hub 2.0 apparently they’re a lot better how can that being they’re older and is it worth a try? Thanks for response 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You can’t buy a Superhub 2 - Virgin don’t issue them anymore and any one eBay will be technically “stolen” as the hubs are property of Virgin Media.

You can however get your own router from elsewhere (Amazon for example) or look into a mesh system or running some wired AP’s if wireless is the only issue. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Oh yes I didn’t think about that. What are the mesh things you mention? Will they stop the WiFi drop outs ? sometimes it can load a page ten seconds later completely lose WiFi connection and just have to wait for it to connect again, the connection doesn’t even show on WiFi search during the time aswell

0 Kudos