cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant red light on hub 3

Kittyping
Joining in

We’ve had a constant red light on our hub for a while now and no problems other than TiVo pixellating and buffering a lot but that seems to be normal for us nowadays. 

I’ve been looking into the red light issue and I’m concerned to see that it could be an overheating issue.  It’s in a clear area with nothing surrounding it.  Could it be overheating or just an indication of further issues? 

4 REPLIES 4

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Kittyping,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, sorry to see you have a constant Red light on your Router and for any concern this may be causing.

I was able to locate you on our system with the details we have for you and can see your area is currently effected by an SNR (Signal to Noise Ratio) faulty, this is noise on the Network caused by a damaged or exposed cable, although I do not feel the red light is connected you may find your connection is intermittent at the moment, this was picked up on 05/12/23 however may have been present earlier, the current estimated fix tim which may change is 12/12/23 @ 09:30.

For the red light, please can you first check all connections are hand tight, once done push a pin/ paper clip in the reset hole at the back of the Router, while switched on push it in and keep it held in for a full timed 1 minute, once done allow 15 minutes to settle.

Regards

Paul.

Hi. I thought I’d replied to this already but it doesn’t seem to be showing.  Apologies if you can see it. Anyway,it didn’t work and we still have a solid red light. 

Also the external tv issue is now being reported as fixed but TiVo is still pixelating. This has been happening for months so not likely to be caused by the recent problem. 

Hi Kittyping 👋🏼.

Thank you for coming back to us, sorry to see that there is still a red light ☹.

I will have to private message you to further investigate 🧐.

Please watch out for the envelope ✉.

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide