cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant packet loss and disconnects

Shahin007
On our wavelength

This issue has been plaguing me for many years, where I have been told by VM time and time again that the issues that appear on my line are none existent, I quote from my call today VM technician stated that they can see a packet loss of 0.59% for the overall month. They have called an engineer for the 14th July.

So can someone explain this, in the past, they have blamed "large downloads and multiple devices on router" causing issues, I've had callouts, routers upgraded/changed, and so on. I am currently on 1gb paying £79 for half the broadband service.

I discovered thinkbroadband last month after reading an article regarding VM denying latency/ping/packet loss issues to customers and decided to monitor my internet connection. I get approximately 3-7 days of 0 packet loss(the only time I can play multiplayer games without lag), the remaining days of the month are exactly like this in my graph attached below, causing havoc in gaming.

Web capture_11-7-2022_183026_www.thinkbroadband.com.jpeg

15 REPLIES 15

Shahin007
On our wavelength

Hi Paul,

my hub 5 arrives tomorrow. I have 3 current non-Wi-Fi 6 pods - how do I set this up? I’ve opened another thread and nobody has got back to me there.

Hi @Shahin007,

Apologies, we've only just picked up your message.

I've checked our systems and can see you spoke to our team yesterday as your Pods stopped working following the install of the hub 5.

They've raised a work order with our second line faults team to get these provisioned on your account. 

Let us know how you get on. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Only that the promised 24 hour callback never happened. The pods are still down. So was provided false information, so now I have to pick up the mess as usual. Virgin media customer services never surprises me. 

Hey Shahin007, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry you didn't get a call back.

I can see recently you've had some support on this issues, did they manage to get this resolved for you? Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi Matt,

had issues with the hub 5 Wi-Fi 6 not connecting with Wi-Fi 6 devices and the pods not working. 

The pods have started working today, tbh only have 2 devices on Wi-Fi 6 which have now connected to the pods instead. Will keep an eye out and let you know if any issues arise. Thanks for reaching out. 

Hello Shahin007,

Hope you are okay. 

Can we just ask how things are since Tuesday?

Has the connection settled down now?

Gareth_L