forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
ally18
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Constant loss of wifi

So spent around 50 minutes on a call trying to get an engineer out to look at poor wifi but to no avail. 

Every day throughout the day wifi goes off and whilst both myself and husband working from home and daughter on Uni lectures we have all to revert to using our mobile phones as a hotspot and use up our mobile phone data. 

VM agent says everything seems okay, even although whilst I was on the call we had no wifi. He then suggested there may be a problem with the Hub 3 and will send a new hub to try. 
This issue has been ongoing for months and especially bad these past few weeks. 
VM agent said no engineer until I try a new hub. 
Very frustrating!! 

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Constant loss of wifi

Not much that can be done until new hub is tested unfortunately, come back if you continue to have issues after the new hub is activated and we can do some deeper troubleshooting

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Gigabit 5G Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos
ally18
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

New hub.....well I was expecting the new hub 4 since it was the hub 3 I already supposedly had issues with...arrived last night was a replacement hub 3 🙈

All connected and see what today brings 

0 Kudos
Andruser
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Maybe it will work, but USUALLY a replacement hub doesn't sort this type of problem.  If it's most evident on Teams/Zoom and similar services, then it could be that the local network is congested due to everybody doing what you're doing (and there's nothing VM can do to increase the available capacity).  If that's the case then the fastest and most reliable fix for the VM connection is waiting for lockdown to be lifted.  These congestion problems are particular to VM due to the technology that underlies cable interent, so you might find that hotspotting off mobiles gives you better performance, subject to your data allowances and signal quality.  Some mobile networks make it very easy to buy large data bundles at reasonable cost as extras, might be worth taking a look at that as a way of easing the pain over the next few months, but check how fast you burn through the data.  Or if you're out of any fixed term contract with VM and can get an Openreach ISP line reconnected quickly, that would probably resolve things, but at the cost of slower downloads.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks