Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Constant issues with disconnection

Anyone else getting issues with BB connection dropping off, usually for 45 mins or more, that is apart from the 3-4 hour disconnections of everything.

I keep ringing to find out that "our engineers are are fixing the issue" However this seems to be 7-8 times per week.

I switched from Sky to Virgin for three reasons, BT sport so I could watch the MotoGP's and the advantage of quicker BB and a bit cheaper. I have had Virgin previously at a different address and didnt have any problems but now grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

I didnt have one problems with Sky BB

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Constant issues with disconnection

Hi shadowfax, 

Thanks for your post, sorry to hear you're having some issues with the broadband connection.

I've run a health check on the account and just need a few details from you. I've popped you over a private message (little purple envelope in the top right hand corner) so I can take a closer look.

Get back to me when you can,

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I’m experiencing this too. It’s driving me mad. 

I’m using Google WiFi (mesh), with the Virgin router WiFi turned off. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

First job, set up a free “BQM” to continually monitor the state of your connection and any dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of all your network disconnections, useful data to have in discussions with VM.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I am having the same issues, I am at home using my own data on my phone aryher than WIFI as it keeps disconnecting. The WIFI signal only works in my room where the router is, if I step out my rom I have to switch to mobile data.

This is so frustarting, when my contract runs out in September I will really have to think if I wish to stay with virgin.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

To all 3 posters on this thread...
Connect a pc or laptop or console (borrow one if you dont own one) with a Cat6 ethernet cable directly into your Hub and connect it to the network. When your wifi device(s) drop out check to see whether the cable connected device has also dropped off or is it just the wifi one. That will pinpoint where the problem lays and point to the correct process for fixing it.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos