cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant intermittent issues KA13

JoshYS
Tuning in

Hey all, 

3 weeks ago we had very bad internet drops, near constant during the day and weekends...took about 10 days before we got a stable connection again.

Cut to yesterday and I woke up to our hub 5x flashing blue with no connection, followed by the same intermittent drops we had before.

Had an engineer out today who looked but seemed to be aware of this issue but didn't know if a fix was happening soon or not.

As this has now happened twice in the space of 3 weeks... It's extremely frustrating, I work from home and it's had a huge impact on me.

Was told by the engineer that our network is the "New" one and we are apparently the trial testers which again seemed like news to me.

Can anyone else in the KA13 area confirm if they are having issues? Can anyone at Virgin Media come back to me on anything that is happening?

Currently going on 6 hours without being able to connect.

5 REPLIES 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

see this

First thing is to check for any “known network faults in your location - Look in 2 places

1) Try the “check service,”Area status webpage (https://www.virginmedia.com/help/service-status)

2) Then also Try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues and fix estimates, down to street cab/ postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hey John,

Appreciate you replying, have tried both and both state there is no issue. Raised this with the engineer earlier today when he was here who'd stated he doesn't know why it hasn't been changed as he can see an issue is present.

Josh

Hi JoshYS, 

Thanks for using the Community Forums to get this issue with your services looked into, I am sorry this has caused frustration & disruption for you 😥 I would be more than happy to look into this. 

I'll send you a PM now so we can get started 😊

Thanks,

Megan_L

Hi Megan,

Have sent multiple responses back to you.

Thanks

WorstISP
Up to speed

Hi Josh,

I've been having this issue since the 10th of August and Virgin still haven't fixed it (despite now claiming to the Ombudsman that the issue is "resolved", and sending me a "we're happy that we resolved the issue for you" email that falsely claims that I spoke to them today).

I advise you to make an official complaint to get the process started, so you can make a complaint to the Ombudsman after 2 months (I guarantee you that Virgin won't fix it by then).

Make a complaint through the webform here: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/complaints

I advise you to start a word document where you can note the times and build up your evidence (take screenshots etc), because Virgin Media will not comply with DSARs, and they will deliberately take measurements when they know the service is working to build their own case.

Make a complaint to OfCom too, because you're one of many many people having these issues: https://www.ofcom.org.uk/complaints